[horde] Client (company owner actually) giving me a hard time about . . .

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 10:01:43 UTC 2011

--- On Wed, 2/3/11, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

> From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>
> Subject: Re: [horde] Client (company owner actually) giving me a hard time about . . .
> To: horde at lists.horde.org
> Date: Wednesday, 2 March, 2011, 17:03
> Quoting Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>:
>
> > Even more questions pop-up in mind  :-)
> > Can I setup the iPhone only with pop3/smtp as we speak
> ?
> > That's what I deduct from your writing.
>
> Yes, the iPhone has a native mail client.

Right ! So, I could configure pop3/smtp natively through
iPhones' options ?

> > I don't know exactly how this works.
> > When I first installed and setup horde, I thought that
> one
> > would own an iPhone logon graphically (throught the
> iPhones'
> > little screen , I know it sounds redicilous) and go
> ehead
> > with his/her work.
>
> What part of it is ridiculous? Have you tried using an
> iPhone or similar Android phone?

I didn't mean to be rude. I find it a bit funny/strange
because the screen is small (compared to my 17" TFT display).
I do have a 3GS myself and I am not happy with it.
It has all the usual bells and whistles, but when it
comes to functionality, it's not that good.
At least for me.
No, I haven't used a Phone with android, but I indent to
in the near future.

> > However, I don't think you can have the horde
> graphical end
> > on the iPhone, like you get it a simple pc with a
> network
> > ocnnection.
>
> Why not? The iPhone *is* a PC with a network connection.

Yes, it is. Looks like I am wrong and I can do this with
iPhone.