[horde] Using external (Gmail) SMTP server to send mail

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 00:46:35 UTC 2011

Hello there,

Horde 3.3.11 is installed on my server and everything seems to be
working perfectly, except I discovered that all the emails I sent
since I installed Horde were not delivering.  It simply seems that I
cannot send emails.  I want to use Gmail's smtp servers as outgoing
servers.  I am currently using IMAP from my gmail account and it works
perfectly.  I can receive emails flawlessly, I can even fetch from
different accounts without problems....

I tried several things, modifying the horde/config/conf.php by
adding/removing lots of options, I tried to do the same thing on IMP's
config file, no success.  There is errors in my httpd error_log but
they do not seem to be related to this.  Horde's log is empty.

What should I modify and how?

Help much appreciated!

Thanks