[horde] Horde 4.0-ALPHA1

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Fri Mar 11 06:56:36 UTC 2011

Am Freitag, 11. März 2011, 06:06:25 schrieb ANANT S ATHAVALE:
> Dear Developers and users,
>
> I will be happy, if somebody provides WebMail Groupware suite
> equivalent as a single download file.  I have some reasons for this....
>
> 1. My server is never connected to internet directly.
> 2. Even, if I connect, I need to get firewall/router access-list/rules
> get changed for this purpose.
> 3. I tried to download from some other system through proxy (which has
> a lower version of Linux).  It did not continue, because php version
> was lower there.
> 4. I may not know, what exactly is getting changed on my system when I
> am on Internet.
> 5. My system could be compromised (if my system security is not proper).
>
> For not so experienced users like me, a single tar ball may be easy
> way to get started.

I heard there will be distribution packages for debian at a later point which
ubuntu will copycat for sure. Somebody (Jan?) also mentioned there will be a
groupware bundle, too.

For OpenSUSE/SLES, I will package rpm's once the horde 4 apps are stable
enough for release. Currently, we are talking about alpha releases. These are
not intended for production use.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer