[horde] Horde4 configuration

John H. Bennett III bennettj at thebennetthome.com
Wed Mar 16 18:07:19 UTC 2011

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Glad it works for now, but honestly you should install *everything*
> from PEAR. If not now, then definitely when you switch to
> production. You will likely run into problems further down the road
> if you attempt to install the PEAR modules over the git install.

Sorry to ask another question over someone else's ask, but is using
pear going to be the absolute only way to install/upgrade to horde4?
I use a Linux distribution (SME Server), that bundles horde with it,
and using and installing apps via pear or any other install method
other than via RPMS is not supported.

If Pear is the only way currently, what would it take to get the horde
devs to reconsider and continue to offer tarballs?

Thank you,

John Bennett