[horde] Horde Email Question

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Mar 16 23:06:22 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, 16. März 2011, 19:39:23 schrieb Andy Dorman:
> On 03/16/2011 09:28 AM, spalomo at trinityal.com wrote:
> 2. I expect this is NOT your problem, but just in case...We run horde/imp
> on a load-balanced cluster of servers and keep the session in memcache
> across all the servers.  At one point we experimented with letting http
> also use whichever server was handy for http requests.  This was great for
> reliability because we could take a server down for any reason and if your
> session was using that server, the next query went to a different server
> and with the session in memcache, no one noticed...until they tried to
> send an email with an attachment. When they would hit "Send", that http
> request might not go to the server that actually had the attachment in
> it's file system.  Those emails would arrive with no attachment.
>
> But if your problem ONLY happens for .pdf or excel attachments, then I have
> no idea.

With this setup, you could configure the vfs either to an SQL DB shared among
the worker servers (even one dedicated to this task if needed) or set the
horde temp dir to the mount point of some shared storage (NFS for example).

Of course, both approaches introduce new SPOF.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer

B1 Systems GmbH