[horde] Installing the RC

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Mon Mar 28 17:37:17 UTC 2011

> From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:horde-
> bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Jan Schneider
> Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at dada.net>:
> >> Uninstall PEAR completely and start from scratch.
> >>
> >> But first try:
> >> pear clear-cache
> >> pear channel-update horde

> > Then I reinstalled PEAR.  But when I ran pear upgrade it upgraded a
> > few and complained about a lot of horde errors like:
> >
> > Validation Error: File
> > "js/syntaxhighlighter/scripts/shAutoloader.js" in directory "<dir
> > name="/">" has invalid role "horde", should be one of cfg, data,
> doc,
> > php, script, test, www Validation Error: This package contains role
> > "horde" and requires package "horde/Role" to be used
>
> The error message is pretty clear. Install and run horde_role
> *FIRST*, like explained in the installation instructions.

Jan - as you can see from below though, this was a fresh install of PEAR and and I hadn't even run the discover-channel command yet.  Doing pear install horde/horde-role at this stage didn't help either.

> > It did download a few horde packages though (this was strange
> because
> > I hadn't added the channel yet).
> >
> > So, then I added the channel (which was successful) and ran the
> > install horde/horde_role-beta (which failed as being already
> > installed).  So then I ran run-scripts horde/horde_role and that
> > failed:
> >
> > root at jonty:~# pear run-scripts horde/horde_role Including external
> > post-installation script
> > "/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php" - any errors
> are
> > in this script
> >
> > Warning:
> > include_once(/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php):
> > failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
> > PEAR/Task/Postinstallscript.php on line 289
> > PHP Warning:
> > include_once(/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php):
> > failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
> > /usr/share/php/PEAR/Task/Postinstallscript.php on line 289
> >
> > Warning: include_once(): Failed opening
> > '/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php' for inclusion
> > (include_path='/usr/share/php') in PEAR/Task/Postinstallscript.php
> on
> > line 289 PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening
> > '/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php' for inclusion
> > (include_path='/usr/share/php') in
> > /usr/share/php/PEAR/Task/Postinstallscript.php on line 289 init of
> > post-install script class "Horde_Role_postinstall" failed
> >
> > So, short of trying to remove Pear again, I don't know what to do
> now.

I'll attempt to completely remove pear again - and do the channel-discover and the install horde-role first...

Simon