[horde] Installing the RC

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Mar 30 08:45:41 UTC 2011

Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at dada.net>:

>> From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:horde-
>> bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Michael Rubinsky

>> upgraded

>> "<dir
>> data,

>> of
>> either.
>> > <SNIP>
>> >

>> > Jan - I purged PEAR and rebooted
>> >
>> > The I ran  these commands with the attached out-put.
>> >
>> > root at jonty:~# pear channel-discover pear.horde.org Adding Channel
>> > "pear.horde.org" succeeded Discovery of channel "pear.horde.org"
>> > succeeded
>> >
>> > root at jonty:~# pear install horde/horde_role-beta downloading
>> > Horde_Role-1.0.0RC2.tgz ...
>> > Starting to download Horde_Role-1.0.0RC2.tgz (2,281 bytes)
>> > ....done: 2,281 bytes
>> > install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Role-1.0.0RC2
>> > horde/Horde_Role has post-install scripts:
>> > /usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php
>> > Horde_Role: Use "pear run-scripts horde/Horde_Role" to finish
>> setup.
>> > DO NOT RUN SCRIPTS FROM UNTRUSTED SOURCES
>> >
>> > root at jonty:~# pear run-scripts horde/horde_role Including external
>> > post-installation script
>> > "/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php" - any errors
>> are
>> > in this script Inclusion succeeded running post-install script
>> > "Horde_Role_postinstall->init()"
>> > init succeeded
>> > Filesystem location for the base Horde application :
>> /usr/share/horde4
>> > Configuration successfully saved to PEAR config.
>> > Install scripts complete
>> >
>> > root at jonty:~# pear list-files horde/horde `horde/horde' not
>> installed
>>
>> Well, unless I missed it above, or you missed pasting it into the
>> email, you didn't actually install horde. All you installed was the
>> Horde/Role package. Please read the INSTALL documents again :)
>
> Mike
>
> Once bitten twice shy... the command in the documents is where I've
> failed repeatedly before:
>
> pear install horde/horde-beta
>

> However,  I took the plunge :)  There were a few errors you may want
> notice of.
>

> Configure: error: The required libssh2 library was not found.  You
> can obtain that package from http://sourceforge.net/projects/libssh2/
>
> And
>
> configuration option "php_ini" is not set to php.ini location
> You should add "extension=lzf.so" to php.ini
>
> However, I have to admit, that I now have files and not just a js
> folder in my /usr/share/horde4 - thanks! :)
>
> Do I need to worry about either of those errors?

Not really, though you shouldn't have get them if your really ran pear
install without the -a flag. Those messages are coming from installing
PECL extensions, and they are all optional dependencies, so they won't
be installed by default.
If you don't know what you need the SSH2 extension for, then you don't
need it. It does make sense to follow the hints for enabling the lzf
extension though, since it was obviously installed anyway.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/