[horde] Installing the RC

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Tue Mar 29 23:46:09 UTC 2011

> From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:horde-
> bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Michael Rubinsky
> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at dada.net>:
>
> >> From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:horde-
> >> bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Simon Brereton
> upgraded

> "<dir
> data,
> >> role

> >> *FIRST*,
> >>
> >> Jan - as you can see from below though, this was a fresh install
> of
> >> PEAR and and I hadn't even run the discover-channel command yet.
> >> Doing pear install horde/horde-role at this stage didn't help
> either.
> > <SNIP>
> >> I'll attempt to completely remove pear again - and do the channel-
> >> discover and the install horde-role first...
> >

> > Jan - I purged PEAR and rebooted
> >
> > The I ran  these commands with the attached out-put.
> >
> > root at jonty:~# pear channel-discover pear.horde.org Adding Channel
> > "pear.horde.org" succeeded Discovery of channel "pear.horde.org"
> > succeeded
> >
> > root at jonty:~# pear install horde/horde_role-beta downloading
> > Horde_Role-1.0.0RC2.tgz ...
> > Starting to download Horde_Role-1.0.0RC2.tgz (2,281 bytes)
> > ....done: 2,281 bytes
> > install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Role-1.0.0RC2
> > horde/Horde_Role has post-install scripts:
> > /usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php
> > Horde_Role: Use "pear run-scripts horde/Horde_Role" to finish
> setup.
> > DO NOT RUN SCRIPTS FROM UNTRUSTED SOURCES
> >
> > root at jonty:~# pear run-scripts horde/horde_role Including external
> > post-installation script
> > "/usr/share/php/PEAR/Installer/Role/Horde/Role.php" - any errors
> are
> > in this script Inclusion succeeded running post-install script
> > "Horde_Role_postinstall->init()"
> > init succeeded
> > Filesystem location for the base Horde application :
> /usr/share/horde4
> > Configuration successfully saved to PEAR config.
> > Install scripts complete
> >
> > root at jonty:~# pear list-files horde/horde `horde/horde' not
> installed
>
> Well, unless I missed it above, or you missed pasting it into the
> email, you didn't actually install horde. All you installed was the
> Horde/Role package. Please read the INSTALL documents again :)

Mike

Once bitten twice shy... the command in the documents is where I've failed repeatedly before:

pear install horde/horde-beta

However,  I took the plunge :)  There were a few errors you may want notice of.

Configure: error: The required libssh2 library was not found.  You can obtain that package from http://sourceforge.net/projects/libssh2/

And

configuration option "php_ini" is not set to php.ini location
You should add "extension=lzf.so" to php.ini

However, I have to admit, that I now have files and not just a js folder in my /usr/share/horde4 - thanks! :)

Do I need to worry about either of those errors?

Simon