[horde] Migrating to a new Horde install

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Mar 30 08:51:11 UTC 2011

Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at dada.net>:

> So, after some success at getting installed, I'm stuck with the most
> obvious question.  No one else has asked it, so it's probably stupid
> or lazy..
>
> When Horde4.0 is finally released, many people will be upgrading
> from a legacy installation.  Which brings its own challenges, to be
> sure.  However, I will be setting Horde4.0 on a completely new box.
> Given that there about 732 tabs worth of options to wade through and
> configure, is there some way to get an easy synopsis of all the old
> configuration parameters?

Like the descriptions that come with each setting in the interface?

You have two options: either you use Horde because of it's tremendous
flexibility, one sign for that are "732" tabs of configuration. Or you
hope the best that we picked sane defaults for each setting (we did).
But please don't come back then to ask each time if this or that
feature would possible, until you've really gone through all
configuration options.

> I'm dreading wading through this lot once - let alone setting it up
> on stage and then doing it all again on prod (although at that stage
> it may be easier to copy over the install/config files I've built on
> stage, but I'm not sure about the soundness of that approach.

That's perfectly sane and best practice for *any* staging of services
into production.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/