[horde] Caching Error

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Thu Mar 31 15:38:09 UTC 2011

Hi

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but as soon as I touch anything in the Caching tab of the Horde Configuration (to cache CSS for example), I get the following error:

A fatal error has occurred
Could not write cached CSS file to disk.

1. require() /usr/share/horde4/admin/config/index.php:320
2. Horde::includeStylesheetFiles() /usr/share/horde4/templates/common-header.inc:35
3. Horde_Themes_Css->getStylesheetUrls() /usr/share/php/Horde.php:1496

Details
The full error message is logged in Horde's log file, and is shown below only to administrators. Non-administrative users will not see error details.

Horde_Exception Object
(
    [details] =>
    [message:protected] => Could not write cached CSS file to disk.
    [string:Exception:private] =>
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] => /usr/share/php/Horde/Themes/Css.php
    [line:protected] => 136
    [trace:Exception:private] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /usr/share/php/Horde.php
                    [line] => 1496
                    [function] => getStylesheetUrls
                    [class] => Horde_Themes_Css
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => Array
                                (
                                )

                        )

                )

            [1] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /usr/share/horde4/templates/common-header.inc
                    [line] => 35
                    [function] => includeStylesheetFiles
                    [class] => Horde
                    [type] => ::
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                        )

                )

            [2] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /usr/share/horde4/admin/config/index.php
                    [line] => 320
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => /usr/share/horde4/templates/common-header.inc
                        )

                    [function] => require
                )

        )

    [previous:Exception:private] =>
)

All I've done is say yes to caching and accept the (likely) sane defaults.

Perhaps because I haven't filled in $conf[cache][params][dir] - in which case, I think it should tell me that (i.e. be a required parameter) because currently I have to edit the file and manually remove the lines to get back to the config panel.

What is a sane location for these files?

/usr/share/horde4/cache?

Although after creating that directory and giving it 755 permissions, I still have the same error

I have tried stipulating an SQL-based cache storage and accepting those defaults - also without success.

Thanks.

Simon