[horde] ActiveSync on nokia e75

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Mar 31 18:01:33 UTC 2011

Am 31.03.2011 18:46, schrieb Jan Schneider:

> Please don't top-post.
>

> Zitat von Vittorio Manfredini <vittorio at vitsoft.bz>:

>>> No.

>>> Maybe, though it's not really necessary.
>>>
>> I am confusing ..
>>
>> I use horde 3 in production with z-push for email push and it's work
>> fine.
>
> There is no z-push in Horde 3. You are probably using Kolab which has
> z-push as an ActiveSync interface. But that has nothing to do with Horde.
>
> Horde 4 has it's own, cleanly integrated ActiveSync library (which
> happens to be based on Z-Push, but that irrelevant).
>
>> Now I read that horde4 will support activesync starting from the
>> z-push project. I was very happy I can realize my dream to have the
>> opportunity using only a sw to syncronize calendar, contacts and email.
>>
>> As you said there are no plan to support email syncronization (email
>> push), now what I have to say to my customers, sorry you loose email
>> push, but you can sincronize contacts and calendars ?
>
> Let them use IMAP. It supports push, it's an open protocol, it has
> clients on any device out there.
>
>> I thik that a email push sevice it's a need, maybe (for my point of
>> view)  more that syncronize calendar and contacts.
>
> Maybe email push needed, but it doesn't have to be provided through
> ActiveSync.
>
>> I do calendar and contacts syncronization now using syncml on nokia,
>> not very good but it's work and using z-push activesync for email,
>>
>> My hope was that I can do all this actions with a single piece of
>> software.
>
> Jan.

and z-push isnt really perfect with email ( imap subfoldering etc ) ,
and it is under heavy updating,so there might be ever updating needed of
code which isnt really belong to horde, imap gives you all you need in a
perfect way, i.e K-9 Mail with android works really nice
but youre right it would be nice having horde as all in one solution
but i think the future in push mail will be in integrate imap lemonade
http://www.lemonadeformobiles.com/quick.html
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer