[horde] Migrating to a new Horde install

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Thu Mar 31 22:45:01 UTC 2011

> From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:horde-
> bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>

> > Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
> >
> >> Done like described aka use a copy of the Horde3 Database and try
> >> do schema upgrade with Horde4 and IMP/Turba/Kronolith/Nag/Mnemo.
> >> All worked well until nag schema upgrade ended with thrashing the
> >> installation:
> >
> > What do you mean with "nag schema upgrade"? The backtrace is coming
> > from loading the sidebar and doesn't have anything to do with
> > upgrading.
> > Also, since this is user-specific code, is this happening for every
> user?
>
> It occured at nag schema upgrade eg. white screen and the mentioned
> error. But as of now it is gone after starting over with a fresh
> database clone and executing the upgrade script for Horde4/PostgreSQL
> (convert TEXT to BYTEA) *before* doing the schema upgrades. So this
> problem is solved, coming to the next:

Andreas

Can I just clarify the steps you've taken please?

Something like:

pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
pear install horde/horde_role-beta
pear run-scripts horde/horde_role

pear install --alldeps horde/horde-beta
pear install horde/imp-beta
pear install horde/kronolith-beta
pear install --alldeps horde/mnemo-beta
pear install horde/turba-beta
pear install horde/ingo-beta
etc..

Clone the current horde3 db to horde4
execute the upgrade script for Horde4/PostgreSQL

cd /usr/share/horde4/config/
cp conf.php.dist conf.php

Go to the Administration Panel
Update Schemas
Then configure the components?

And this successfully copies contact/calendar and sync devices data?

So far on the test server I have Horde up and running, but I have no data.

Jan, et al..

Will the release come with H3.x->H4 upgrade scripts?

Thanks.

Simon