[horde] Caching Error

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Fri Apr 1 12:59:38 UTC 2011

> From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:horde-
> bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Jan Schneider
> Zitat von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>
> > Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at dada.net>:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but as soon as I touch
> anything
> >> in the Caching tab of the Horde Configuration (to cache CSS for
> >> example), I get the following error:
> >>
> >> A fatal error has occurred
> >> Could not write cached CSS file to disk.
> >
> > Me too. I suspected it is because of open_basedir setting or
> something
> > like that, but i have not yet closely inspectecd this problem.
>
> Did you guys read the comments below the configuration setting for
> enabling CSS/JS caching?

Yes.

CSS caching packages all stylesheets used in a page into a single file sent to the browser. It also allows compression and optimization of this file to reduce the data size. Caching reduces server load, speeds up the user's browsing experience, and is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Which is why I thought it a good idea to turn on.

Presumably, the required back-end referred to under Themes:

Theme caching optimizes display of themed elements. Caching reduces server load (specifically by dramatically reducing filesystem access), and is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Requires a configured Horde caching backend.

..is the one configured in the top half of the page?

Here's what I defined:

72 $conf['cache']['default_lifetime'] = 86400;
 73 $conf['cache']['params']['dir'] = '/usr/share/horde4/cache';
 74 $conf['cache']['params']['sub'] = 0;
 75 $conf['cache']['driver'] = 'File';
 76 $conf['cache']['compress'] = true;
 77 $conf['cache']['use_memorycache'] = '';

The directory is created, although until now no subdirectories have been created.

Simon