[horde] Problems installing HORDE 4.0.0RC2 IMP 5.0.0RC2

Juan C. Blanco jcblanco at fi.upm.es
Fri Apr 1 16:01:50 UTC 2011

On 01/04/2011 17:43, roman stachura wrote:
> Am 01.04.2011 17:29, schrieb Juan C. Blanco:
>> Hello, I'm using HORDE 3.0+IMP 4.0 and I'm planning some testing on
>> the new version 4.0 before it comes out
>>
>> For the test I want to do a fresh installation of the the horde and
>> imp PEAR based modules in a new machine.
>>
>> I've followed the instructions for the installation first
>> Horde_Role-beta running the pos-scripts, then horde-beta who install
>> all needed packages, after copying the conf.dist.php to conf.php. Then
>> I've started the configuraction process from the web.
>>
>> I've defined the Database configuration to MySQL and defining all
>> related parameters and then generated the horde configuration, after
>> generating the configuration I receive this messages
>>
>> SuccessSuccessfully saved the backup configuration file
>> /srv/www/htdocs/horde/config/conf.bak.php.
>> SuccessSuccessfully wrote /srv/www/htdocs/horde/config/conf.php
>> ErrorSQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table
>> 'horde.horde_alarms' doesn't exist
>>

>> Then following the HORDE announce recomendations I'm expecting the
>> "Update all DB schemas" button but there is not. Since the horde_*
>> tables in MySQL where not created I don't know what is the method to
>> do the database tables creation.
>>
>> Searching trough the web directory I've found the file where this
>> button is created
>> (/srv/www/htdocs/horde/templates/admin/config/index.html) and removed
>> the conditional "<if:schema_outdated>" parts, but even if the button
>> is now printe, when clicked the tables where not created and the error
>> of missing table continues:
>>
>> SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table
>> 'horde.horde_alarms' doesn't exist
>>
>> Hope someone con give me some points about what I'm doing wrong.
>
> fire up your console on the server and go to your horde install directory:
>
> /horde/bin# ./horde-db-migrate
>

> this should update your db
>
> [ INFO ] Migrating DB up.
> [ INFO ] Current turba schema version: 5
> [ INFO ] Ending turba schema version: 5
> [ INFO ] Current kronolith schema version: 18
> Migrating to KronolithUpgradeAddMysqlGeo (19)
> [...]

Thanks, the tool was not in the horde install directory but I've
searched for it in the whole file system and found it in the "/usr/bin"

Will be helpfull if this pass should be included in the installation guide.

Regards
Juan C. Blanco

>> Thanks and regards

| Juan C. Blanco                                                 |
|  Centro de Calculo              |                              |
|  Facultad de Informatica U.P.M. |  E-mail: jcblanco at fi.upm.es  |
|  Campus de Montegancedo         |                              |
|  Boadilla del Monte             |  Tel.:    (+34) 91 336 7466  |
|  28660 MADRID (Spain)           |  Fax :    (+34) 91 336 6913  |