[horde] upgrade H4 pear from H3 tarballs

Bruno Costacurta techie at costacurta.org
Fri Apr 22 13:05:49 UTC 2011

>> I do not have H3 packages as installed it via tarballs.
>
> Are you sure? Because the all these packages which require phpize
> would have been downloaded only if you had old packages installed OR
> if you ran pear install horde/horde with additional parameters which
> does install all optional packages.
>
> Alternativelly can install phpize on your system of course, but it
> is not needed in most cases.

I installed phpize manually via Debian package (package is php5-dev).
As my Horde is installed on a Debian Linux Squeeze.

I confirm no packages at all are under my pear role, which is
/var/www/horde if I understand correctly the pear naming convention.

In fact I have no idea at all where pear installed the Horde packages
as under pear role (aka my /var/www/horde) there are no new files :

..etc..
install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Feed-1.0.0
install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Oauth-1.0.0
install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Service_Facebook-1.0.0
install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Kolab_Server-1.0.0
..etc..

Well, I suppose I'll have to teach the pear philosophy and howtos ;-)

Bye,
Bruno

--
Linux Counter #353844