[horde] can't get fixed portal blocks to display

Cannon Watts cwatts at elsberry.k12.mo.us
Tue Apr 26 01:59:06 UTC 2011

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't get fixed portal blocks
to work.  I have a fresh install of horde-webmail 1.2.9 (horde version
3.3.11).

If I create a new user and log into horde, I get six portal blocks:
folder summary, calendar summary, filters overview, tasks summary, notes
summary, and contact search.

The problem is, those six don't correspond to the fixed blocks defined in
Setup->Horde->Portal Blocks.  I can log in as Administrator, and make
changes to the fixed portal blocks, and can verifyy that those changes have
been made to horde/config/conf.php.

However, I can then create another new user, log in for the first time,
and I get the same six blocks as the first user regardless of the value
of $conf['portal']['fixed_blocks'] in horde/config/conf.php

If it matters, platform is CentOS 5.6, kernel 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5, PHP
version 5.1.6,  Apache 2.2.3-45

Anyone have an explanation for why my fixed blocks aren't showing?  For
that matter, where are the six blocks that are showing up defined?

Thanks,
Cannon