[horde] can't get fixed portal blocks to display

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Apr 26 10:15:47 UTC 2011

Zitat von Cannon Watts <cwatts at elsberry.k12.mo.us>:

> I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't get fixed portal blocks
> to work.  I have a fresh install of horde-webmail 1.2.9 (horde version
> 3.3.11).
>
> If I create a new user and log into horde, I get six portal blocks:
> folder summary, calendar summary, filters overview, tasks summary, notes
> summary, and contact search.
>
> The problem is, those six don't correspond to the fixed blocks defined in
> Setup->Horde->Portal Blocks.  I can log in as Administrator, and make
> changes to the fixed portal blocks, and can verifyy that those changes have
> been made to horde/config/conf.php.
>
> However, I can then create another new user, log in for the first time,
> and I get the same six blocks as the first user regardless of the value
> of $conf['portal']['fixed_blocks'] in horde/config/conf.php
>
> If it matters, platform is CentOS 5.6, kernel 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5, PHP
> version 5.1.6,  Apache 2.2.3-45
>
> Anyone have an explanation for why my fixed blocks aren't showing?  For
> that matter, where are the six blocks that are showing up defined?

Horde Groupware already provides a default set of blocks, those are
the 6 blocks you see. The fixed_blocks setting is only used to build
the initial set of blocks, if the user doesn't have any blocks set in
his preferences. If you want to use fixed_blocks instead of the
default set, you need to set the 'value' for the portal layout
preference in config/prefs.php to an empty string. (Or 'a:0:{}' if you
get an error then).

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/