[horde] Class 'Horde_Alarm_sql' not found in Horde/Core/Factory/Alarm.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Apr 29 22:37:18 UTC 2011

Quoting Ernie Dunbar <maillist at lightspeed.ca>:

> I recently upgraded PHP to version 5.3.3 (it came with the latest Debian
> upgrade to Squeeze), and after finding that Horde v3.x was made unusable,

How was Horde 3 made unusable?  Horde 3 works fine with PHP 5.3.  If
you are referring to (harmless) PHP warnings thrown due to deprecated
PHP code syntax, you can easily silence those errors.

> I installed Horde 4.0.1 by following the instructions at
> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL#installing-with-pear.
>
> After overcoming a path issue that was introduced in those instructions, I
> now get this fatal error:
>
> Fatal error: Class 'Horde_Alarm_sql' not found in
> /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Factory/Alarm.php on line 60

You did not update your horde/config/conf.php.  While we try to make
config files work as well as possible with previous versions, there
are no guarantees.  This is a *major* version bump - these sort of
things are unavoidable.

> This really doesn't sound good. For all intents and purposes, this means
> that large blocks of code are missing from the Pear installation.

This is flat-out an incorrect statement.

michael