[horde] left side configuration menu missing

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Wed May 4 16:23:30 UTC 2011

I had a lot of problem to set this up.  Taking note of the warning on the configuration tab to make 'static' writeable by the webserver process owner, I chowned the directory with root:www-data.  Without success.  I only just noticed that the permissions are 755 though.  It seems to me that 774 (or even 760 or 770) would be better, so that enabling caching doesn't involve messing around with directory permissions which either a newbie could get wrong or even an experienced admin could make a typo.  Wouldn't it be better to install the directory with the best of 774, 770 or 760?

Simon