[horde] Upgrade to Horde4, or stay with 3?

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Thu May 12 01:38:18 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:horde-bounces at lists.horde.org]
On Behalf Of Reindl Harald
Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2011 8:03 AM
To: horde at lists.horde.org
Subject: Re: [horde] Upgrade to Horde4, or stay with 3?

Am 11.05.2011 23:55, schrieb Simon Wilson:

>> Thank you for pointing out the just slightly off-topic meanderings
>> away from my long-forgotten original query... a separate "thread"
required perhaps?

>> Top-posting has been mentioned, but thread hijacking is equally bad
netiquette...

> where the hell is "the main question is: are the still updates for Horde3
in the future?"
> and how to get a running horde/imp/mimp/kronolith/turba-setup to the next
major without entering the road to hell?

> if there are no security updates "Upgrade to Horde4, or stay with 3"
> is not a valid question and on the currect homepage there are removed
> all entry points for H3 users
>
> BTW: Your mail client is broken and removing list-headers

The mail client that I used for my response was H3 Imp (although this is
Outlook from a work PC, so if this one is broken blame Microsoft!).

The Horde team have already (I understood, correct me if I am wrong)
committed to critical updates for latest H3 for a while yet?

As to "the road to hell" my original question that started this thread was
about whether to upgrade given a full H3 suite from a functionality point of
view, not "how easy is it to upgrade?"

Thanks to everyone for the way off-topic responses, but I think the first
two responses covered it without worrying about whether Pear is a good idea
or not...

And esp thanks to the Horde team for a brilliant suite of FREE software.
Easy to forget that sometimes perhaps.