[horde] strange errors in horde-log

stephan at admin.nabira.de stephan at admin.nabira.de
Fri May 13 10:02:28 UTC 2011

> Quoting Stephan Kleber <stephan at admin.nabira.de>:
>
>> There are some other strange things happening according to the logs that
>> have nothing to do with the above. I post part of the log for you to
>> look what you can make of it.
>
> 2011-05-05T13:34:32+02:00 WARN: HORDE [horde] PHP ERROR:
> RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/var/www-ssl/horde4/lib/../turba/themes/luc) [<a href='recursivedirectoryiterator.--construct'>recursivedirectoryiterator.--construct</a>]: failed to open dir: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden [pid 2178 on line 113 of
> "/usr/share/php/Horde/Themes/Cache.php"]
>
> Your PHP seems broken.  Pursuant to
> http://www.php.net/manual/en/recursivedirectoryiterator.construct.php the
> RecursiveDirectoryIterator throws an UnexpectedValueException if the
> path doesn't exist.  So if your PHP is instead throwing an error
> message, it appears to be broken.
>
> I can verify that my version of PHP throws Exceptions instead of
> raising errors.

I am using Debian Lenny and its latest standard PHP-Package PHP
Version 5.2.6-1+lenny10
Out of reasons of simple maintainance I have no intention of compiling
PHP for myself.

I am planning on upgrading to Squeeze, but had no time for that for now.

You are telling me, I cannot get rid of this error (and possibly some
others) until I upgrade my OS?
May it be, that some or every other of my problems are caused by the
same issue? In this case I sadly would have to postpone every further
dealings with horde4 until then.

Stephan