[horde] base64 data "holes" in attachments in IMP

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue May 17 05:52:06 UTC 2011

Hello,

Tuesday, May 17, 2011, 7:42:52 AM, you wrote:

> Quoting Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:

>> Hello list,
>>
>> I have this strange problem where rarely attachments sent through
>> IMP gets damaged. I've investigated a problem a little bit and it
>> seems that there are large portion (or sometimes portions) of base64
>> data missing in the middle of the file. This clearly can be seen
>> with diff.
>>
>> Horde/SMTP/HTTP/PHP/SPAM/Antivirus protection logs are completely
>> silent on this.
>>
>> I'm just scratching my head what could be causing this?

> I have no idea.  What do the broken messages look like?

They  are  simple  messages  mostly  without  any  text  in plain/HTML
textarea and with one attachment. Attachments are WAV/MPEG and similar
files  2-5  MB in size. The messages themselves are completely in-tact with
all the headers, it's just attachment data which is broken.

I  can  send  you  good and bad example directly to you, because
list doesn't allow big messages.

--
Best regards,
 Vilius