[horde] Horde 4 Ingo strangeness

MarkatOSI buy at mark.net
Thu May 19 21:52:02 UTC 2011

Hi Jan, I did some more investigation and I discovered that the rules as
listed in the GUI actually come from horde_prefs pref item "rules". I was
under the mistaken impression that the rules that are displayed to the user
are generated fresh from whatever actually exists on the imap server.

So my problem is solved. Here's what happened.

When I started testing horde4 and copied the production database over I
logged into the system prior to having set the ingo backend to sieve. The
default is sql and I suspect that whatever initial scripts get run overwrote
the column data for my user in the horde_prefs table. the same thing
occurred for all other users that I was testing with except for the ones
that logged in after i had set the backend to sieve.

That's why the "current script" as it's called in the horde GUI never
matched what i was seeing in the "active" script display. The active script
is what is really on the IMAP server and the the current is generated from
the contents of the column in the prefs table.

It seems to me that this sort of situation could lead to some confusion on
the user's part if they happened to edit their sieve script from another
tool, their script would work of course assuming it was activated by the
other tool but the horde GUI would now be out of sync with what was really
stored on the imap server. It's not a big deal to me but I just thought I'd
mention it. Maybe there could be a button that would sync what is in the
activated script with what's in the GUI or better yet ingo would always
fetch the rules from the backend preference (SQL, sieve whatever) and not
bother with storing anything in the horde_prefs table :-)