[horde] Two horde version running on the same system

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sat May 21 09:50:02 UTC 2011

> Horde 3.x.x doesn't install anything into the pear system library, so you
> won't have any conflict running the two on the same system.  I imagine
> most people ran boh to make sure everything was working before flipping to
> the new version.  For the ultra paranoid, you can even install a separate
> pear configuration just for Horde 4.x.x and there are setup docs for how
> to do this, though I haven't done it myself.
>
> Brent

Horde 3 uses different libraries than horde 4. Somewhere between Horde3-cvs
and Horde-git / Horde 4 there was a name change. What was RDO before is now
Horde_Rdo and so on. So even if you had a cvs horde 3 version of some module,
there should be no conflicts. In fact, it doesn't matter because the git
version of Horde 4 doesn't install to peardir. I even have a test server where
horde 4 and horde 4 (git) are running without interference.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer

B1 Systems GmbH