[horde] Cyrus IMAP ACL folders

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon May 23 11:49:54 UTC 2011

> 1. Why does Imp5 no longer allow me to see those ACL'ed folders? How
> can I get Imp5 to see them and present them to me in my Imp view?

There is nothing you have to do to enable this. This should work by
default. You probably need to create an imap log to see what's going
on between imp and the server. See the debug configuration in
backends.php.

> 2. What DOES the 'admin' function do - would be great to be able to
> manage IMAP ACLs within IMP - is that possible, and if so how, given
> that the parameters that it now takes appear to be less comprehensive
> with connection options (from the backends.php file's documentation)?

It allows to list (and potentially manage) users on the imap server.
This depends on the imap server though. Setting ACLs is possible for
any regular user in the preferences.
There have been a few fixes for ACL support recently which will be
included with the next imp release.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/