[horde] Cyrus IMAP ACL folders

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Tue May 24 04:21:02 UTC 2011

Quoting Andrew Morgan <morgan at orst.edu>:
>> On Mon, 23 May 2011, Jan Schneider wrote:
>   >
>   >>> 1. Why does Imp5 no longer allow me to see those ACL'ed folders? How
>   >>> can I get Imp5 to see them and present them to me in my Imp view?
>   >>
>   >> There is nothing you have to do to enable this. This should work by
>   >> default. You probably need to create an imap log to see what's going
>   >> on between imp and the server. See the debug configuration in
>   >> backends.php.
>   >
>   > Perhaps the IMAP namespace is handled differently in IMP4 versus IMP5?
>   >
>   > Simon, are you truly seeing the folders in IMP4 named like
>   > "user.foo"? This implies that your account is also a Cyrus admin,
>   > which can lead to all sorts of strange things in Cyrus.  If you are
>   > not a Cyrus admin, then you will see folders of other users (by
>   > default) in the "Other Users.foo" format/namespace.
>   >
>   >         Andy
>   > --
>   > Horde mailing list
>   > Frequently Asked Questions: http://horde.org/faq/

Andy

I see, in Imp4, at the same level hierarchically as Inbox, Spam, etc,
but below them as you look down the page, a folder named "user".
Inside that are "benjamin", etc. If I click on "benjamin", in the
content area I see "user.benjamin".

My account is NOT a Cyrus admin - in cyrus.conf I have two admin
accounts listed, simon is not one of them.

My iPhone IMAP client also sees the folders - under a non-selectable
"user" folder (slightly greyed out) are benjamin, etc.

I haven't checked Outlook 2010... not sure if that IMAP client sees them.

In Imp5 I just don't see the user folder or its subordinates at all.

In Cyrus, I have ACL permissions to the folders that I can see in Imp4.

As to namespace, will check that shortly to see what it is set to in
each setup. Each Horde environment is set to connect via IMAP/TLS.
Imp4 setup to localhost:143 as it is on the same server as Cyrus; Imp5
via the local network as it sits on a separate server. Neither now
have the 'admin' option set within backends-local.php / servers.php.

Simon

--
Simon Wilson