[horde] Kronolith events not visible after H4 upgrade

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri May 27 21:25:24 UTC 2011

Quoting "Poyner, Brandon" <bpoyner at ccac.edu>:

>> > I'm having a problem with Kronolith after attempting a H3 to H4
>> > upgrade.  The events in each user's default calendar are no longer
>> > visible.
>> >
>> >  H3 system : Horde 3.3.11 & Kronolith 2.3.5
>> >  H4 system: Horde 4.0.3 & Kronolith 3.0.3
>> >
>> > The H3 and H4 systems are both using mysql for storing all horde
>> > preferences and calendar data.
>
>> What did the kronolith_shares table and event_table look like *before*
>> the upgrade? What share driver are you using post upgrade? Did you
>> switch share drivers at anytime after upgrade?
>>

>> --
>> mike
>>
>> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
>> mrubinsk at horde.org
>
> I believe none of our users are actually sharing their calendars at
> this time.

...but you should still have entries in the kronolith_shares table (or
the horde_datatree table, but you stated in your previous email you
were not using datatree).

> The kronolith_shares table exists but it is empty of records.  All
> of our users' calendar events are in kronolith_events.    The
> horde_datatree and horde_datatree_attributes tables exist but are
> also empty of records.

Something is broken on your install then. *All* internal kronolith
calendars are represented by shares - regardless of whether or not the
users choose to share them.

> We started some 8 years ago with Horde 2.x and Kronolith 1.x.  We
> upgraded from there to our current live system of Horde 3.3.11 and
> Kronolith 2.3.5, performing the steps indicated in the UPGRADING
> files during each upgrade.
>
>> From our configuration we have sharing enabled and using datatree
>> and autosharing turned off in Kronolith.
>
> horde/config/conf.php:$conf['share']['no_sharing'] = false;
> horde/config/conf.php:$conf['share']['any_group'] = false;
> horde/config/conf.php:$conf['share']['cache'] = false;
> horde/config/conf.php:$conf['share']['driver'] = 'datatree';

...and this is the problem. You *are* using datatree. The datatree
shares need to be converted to Sql shares *before* the migration
scripts are run.

mrubinsk at horde.org