[horde] Kronolith events not visible after H4 upgrade

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Tue May 31 20:04:58 UTC 2011

> So, you are saying that in your Horde 3 install, there are *no* rows
> in the horde_datatree table for the Horde 3 database, even though
> shares are enabled, and configured to use datatree?

Correct.

> This makes no sense to me. Once a user navigates to kronolith (or any
> other share-enabled application for that matter), a new share is
> created for that user's "default" share if it doesn't already exist.

> The only thing I can think of, other than dataloss in your database,
> is that the user's preferences were automatically created somehow, but
> the user has never actually used kronolith.

I can give you any data you might need.

For instance I have a user 'testmail at acd.ccac.edu' in our Horde 3.3.11/Kronolith 2.3.5 system with 9 calendar events that have been created over many years, some almost certainly created when we had Kronolith 1.x installed.   Datatree is enabled as previously mentioned but I don't see any mysql queries against the horde_datatree or kronolith_shares tables when this user goes to view its default calendar:

110531 15:44:18     2 Connect   horde at localhost on
                    2 Init DB   horde
                    2 Init DB   horde
                    2 Query     SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'testmail at acd.ccac.edu' AND pref_scope = 'kronolith'
                    2 Init DB   horde
                    2 Init DB   horde
                    2 Query     SELECT pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'testmail at acd.ccac.edu' AND pref_scope = 'turba'
                    2 Init DB   horde
                    2 Query     SELECT event_id, event_uid, event_description, event_location, event_private, event_status, event_attendees, event_keywords, event_title, event_category, event_recurcount, event_recurtype, event_recurenddate, event_recurinterval, event_recurdays, event_start, event_end, event_alarm, event_modified, event_exceptions, event_creator_id FROM kronolith_events WHERE calendar_id = 'testmail at acd.ccac.edu' AND ((event_end >= '2011-05-01 00:00:00' AND event_start <= '2011-06-06 00:00:00') OR (event_recurenddate >= '2011-05-01 00:00:00' AND event_start <= '2011-06-06 00:00:00' AND event_recurtype <> 0))
                    2 Init DB   horde
                    2 Query     SELECT 1 FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_uid = 'testmail at acd.ccac.edu' AND pref_name = 'last_kronolith_maintenance' AND pref_scope = 'kronolith'
                    2 Init DB   horde
                    2 Query     UPDATE horde_prefs SET pref_value = '1306871058' WHERE pref_uid = 'testmail at acd.ccac.edu' AND pref_name = 'last_kronolith_maintenance' AND pref_scope = 'kronolith'
                    2 Quit
                    3 Connect   horde at localhost on
                    3 Init DB   horde
                    3 Quit

If you can think of any test scenarios I could run, I will attempt to do them.

Thanks,

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office