[horde] Horde-alarms not aware of non-standard install directory

Ole Wolf ole at naturloven.dk
Tue Jun 7 05:04:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or just me not having configured my
server correctly, but hopefully someone can help me out. :)

I'm calling horde-alarms via a cron job as the user www-data:

*/5 * * * *	www-data	/usr/bin/horde-alarms

At first, it gave the following error:

PHP Warning:
require_once(/usr/share/php/www/horde/lib/Application.php): failed to
open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/bin/horde-alarms on line
18
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
'/usr/share/php/www/horde/lib/Application.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/bin/horde-alarms on line 18

This seems reasonable enough, since on my server, Horde isn't installed
in /usr/share/php/www/horde, but in /var/www/webmail.

I hacked my way around it by creating the directory /usr/share/php/www
and from there making a symlink to /var/www/webmail (that is, ln
-s /var/www/webmail /usr/share/php/www/horde), but this isn't an overly
elegant solution.

Is there an obvious way to make the horde-alarms and probably also the
horde-agenda commands look for the horde installation in the right
place, such as via an .ini file, or with an environment variable?

Thanks,

--
Ole Wolf
Rødhættevej 4   9400 Nørresundby