[horde] [SOLVED] error login : imp does not provide an authenticate() method

Bruno Costacurta techie at costacurta.org
Mon Jun 13 16:50:27 UTC 2011

> Hello,
>
> after a Pear upgrade to latest IMP and Horde version H4,
> I cannot log anymore to Horde.
>
> HORDE: HORDE [horde] imp does not provide an authenticate() method.
> [pid 27819 on line 27 of
> "/usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Notification/Handler/Decorator/Hordelog.php"]

'Solved' via a complete removal and re-installation of Horde.
Certainly a brutal way but apparently it's the only choice. As I
backup he database and previous conf.php files no personal settings
were lost.

Aside this 'solution' and (I insist here) with all respect to the
Horde team for their job and contribution to this open source project,
I would like to say that using Horde4 since few weeks (H3 for around
2-years) I'm not convinced by H4.
Got resolved and un-resolved errors with H4 (see mailing list
archive), also features present in H3 simply disappeared in H4 (eg.
password module), and except some improvements in speed (eg. caching)
there is no news features in Traditional user interface (user prefer
Traditional mode because used to it).

Again my IMHO with all respect to the Horde team.

Bye,
Bruno