[horde] Feature Request - allow envelope-sender to equal envelop-to on reply.

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Tue Jun 14 13:31:07 UTC 2011

Hi

There is a feature request, which, while it only just occurred to me, I can't believe hasn't been requested before.

My mail server (in common with several others) allows for a delimiting character, everything after which is ignored (by default in postfix it's a +, but you can change this)..  So that user at domain.com is the same as user+identifier at domain.com

I find myself using this more and more often, not just to file mail, but also to track which sites are sharing my email address.  However, the value in this is nullified when I have to respond to an email and the sender becomes user at domain.com

Would it be possible to add a feature to IMP that says if you get an email delivered to user at domain.com but envelope-to is user+identifier at domain.com, that the envelope-sender automatically becomes user+identifier at domain.com?  Also, if it would be possible to specify what the delimiter is (in my case it's non-standard).

Thanks.

Simon