[horde] pear -c horde upgrade

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Jun 15 10:51:32 UTC 2011

Zitat von Nick <whatdoyouwant at gmail.com>:

> pear -c horde upgrade
>
> is that the correct command to upgrade?

Yes.

> is it safe to run the horde_role script to change directories beforehand?

No, because there is no guarantee that all packages using that role
will be upgraded. I'm not sure if PEAR supports changing directories
installed through roles either.

> I upgraded and it deleted all of my php files in the directory, but left the
> directories themselves...

Yes, IIRC the PEAR installer never deletes directories, especially not
if they aren't empty. ;)

> Wondering why it did that.  the only way I was able to get any .php files
> back was to copy from a backup.
>
> I have horde,imp,turba,kronolith installed.
>
> i'm on redhat enterprise linux.
>
> It's a little strange because I updated not too long ago and it didn't do
> this..

But you don't change the horde_dir before each update, do you?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/