[horde] Feature Request - allow envelope-sender to equal envelop-to on reply.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jun 15 16:37:58 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

> [...]

How would that work with e-mail addresses that are aliased?  For
example, root mail is aliased to my account on my local machine.  If I
ever do get a message addressed to root that I need to respond to, I
obviously don't want to respond as root - I want to respond as a real
person (namely, me).

This is exactly why tied addresses exist.  If you have a large number
of aliases, it seems to me the correct solution would be to implement
wild cards for the identity addresses.  If you implemented that, we
would be more than willing to take a look for incorporation into the
main codebase.

michael