[horde] can _prefs_hook_from_addr return an array?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Jun 17 13:36:18 UTC 2011

On 13.06.11 21:31, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de wrote:
> As far as i remember this was exactly the problem why we don't use a
> hook. I have never get the dropdown-box filled with a array.
> With the above in the prefs.php file all work as expected so the
> user could only choose from the addresses tied to them as alias in
> the database. Sadly there is nothing out-of-the-box and let the user
> type in every address they like is not a option at all.

I hope there is in Imp5/Horde4

> >Calling _prefs_hook_from_addr() from prefs.php didn't help because it's
> >unknown there.
> >
> >I hope this is easier with horde4.
> >
> >And I hope the hook doesn't get called that often. It appears that it gets
> >called even before I log in.
>
> As far as i know it get called once at login and the results are
> stored in the use session.

Debug logging showed me that the function is called 5 times when I log in
and 2 times when I log out. That causes unnecessary overhead for the
database with user informations (different from horde DB).

Do you have an idea how could I store this at least to session data?  I
would of course prefer this only to be called when identities are
managed (which includes first login I hope).

LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors