[horde] Repackaging Horde

Gordon Dickens gordon at dickens.com
Mon Jun 20 21:53:02 UTC 2011

Hi Jan,

I work on another open source project, Exim4U, which is a web based user
interface and integrated software configuration for the Exim MTA.  In
the past we have bundled Horde with a modified theme and custom images
so that its appearance is consistent with the rest of Exim4U.  So, my
question is: How feasible is it for us to continue bundling Horde 4
given that you have adopted the PEAR based installation method? In the
past, we have simply worked from the Horde tar ball which, as far as I
know, is no longer available.  Also, I have noticed that your PEAR
installation method installs a good many Horde executable scripts in the
/usr/bin directory which might complicate things as well.

So, is there a Horde 4 migration path for folks that bundle Horde with
other packages given your adoption of the PEAR based installation method?

Thanks,

Gordon Dickens