[horde] Feature Request - allow envelope-sender to equal envelop-to on reply.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Jun 22 05:25:44 UTC 2011

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

> Aliases should still work..  I too have root aliased to my user, so
> if an email was addressed to root, it would arrive in my inbox, when
> responding horde uses my user as the envelope-from.

Which is correct.

> If you (I) didn't want to respond as the envelope-to, it would be
> simple to pull down the correct identity (i.e. user@)..

But the default **has** to be responding with the Horde identity.  Why
would the default be to respond as the envelope-to user?  What if the
envelope to user is a list address?  Or some other aliased mailing
list address?  It makes no sense to respond to a list as the list
itself.

> It's less work than creating an identity for user+foo@ and user+bar@
> etc usw for the fringe case where you don't want to respond as the
> envelop-to (i.e. root@ - unless you get a lot of root mails! Do you?
>  I don't).

Just because it requires work to configure tied identities doesn't
mean it is wrong.

michael