[horde] is there a specific procedure to upgrade from 3.x to 4?

Kevin Hanser kmhanser at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 01:16:31 UTC 2011

Hello,
I've been using Horde and assorted applications for many years now.  I just
checked back in and I see that Horde 4 and the groupware suite is ready, so
I'm excited to update my installation to take advantage of the new features
and dynamic mail and all those goodies.

anyway, I was looking around on the web site throught the documentation
section, and i found all the how to install fresh info, but I haven't been
able to find documentation for how to upgrade from an older version of
horde.  Is there a doc available someplace that goes thru the steps
required?  I don't want to lose all my info that's saved in the sql tables
and whatnot... has the db structure changed, or is it pretty much just a
straight upgrade?

If all that's needed is to replace the php files and the DB backend will
work fine then I can handle that, but I didn't know if anything had changed
w/the DB side of things that also needed updating or creating.

thanks for any suggestions!

-k