[horde] Horde and Turba questions.

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Jul 1 20:27:52 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 16:22 +0100, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:
> Hello,
> OK, let's say I got a grasp on how LDAP works. All that
> stuff with dc's ou's dn's rdns' etc.
> Say, I have created a user (like "admin" or "manager" which
> is the most common most of the times on the LDAP howto's arround
> the web).

Which is horrible advice, but whatever...

> How exactly will I proceed and "populate" data for this users'
> "space" on LDAP ?

Typically you import data with either slapdd [if the Dit is new and
empty] or ldapadd / ldapmodify [to insert data into an existing Dit]

> Say, I have an outlook or thunderbird account with some 30 40
> contact names and details (e-mail, fax number, mobile numbers,
> skype numbers and so on).
> How do I proceed to "migrate" that data from the standard tb
> contacts list to the equivalent LDAP account ?

Export as LDIF and import.

Export as CSV and transform it to LDIF.

Export as CSV and import via Turba's import utility [Turba is the Horde
addressbook application] provide you have the LDAP source properly
configured for read/write.