[horde] succesfully imported thunderbird.ldif file with contacts, now what ?

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 10:13:01 UTC 2011

Hello people,

In regards to OpenLDAP and Horde; After a lot of tinkering, I succesfully
managed to do the following :

1. run "ldap" daemon
2. export contacts.ldif file from thunderbird (which it (tb) had imported
it previously from outlook 2000 sp3)
3. Managed to import the contacts.ldif file to the OpenLDAP server
   (ldapadd -x -h localhost -D blah.blah .. . ..)
4. OpenLDAP server told me that I succesfully imported them
5. Checked it by typing :

  ~>  ldapsearch -x -h localhost -b 'dc=abaxb2b,dc=gr' '(objectclass=*)'

  . . . . (lots of entries here)

  # search result
  search: 2
  result: 0 Success

  # numResponses: 113
  # numEntries: 112

Indeed my contacts entries are 112.

Now what do I do ?
E.g. if I have a valid horde account, how can I import this data ?
How can I perform little changes to records so I can see (and be convinced) that it actually works properly ?

Any ideas ? Pointers ?
I have checked most of the google stuff, so please don't point me there.

TIA,

s.

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
 - Vangelis