[horde] ActiveSync problem

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Tue Jul 19 00:50:15 UTC 2011

> Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>
>> Simon Wilson
>> M: 0400 12 11 16

>>> That sounds as if there are no more apace or php-cgi processes
>>> available to answer the HTTP requests, i.e., a configuration issue.
>>> --
>>> Mike
>>> Sent from mobile
>>>

>> Hmmm... Thanks Mike. I have been running Apache with a reduced
>> spareserver count and a faster server turnover as the Apache
>> instances tend to otherwise take over the server. Horde has been
>> running fine, but I will reset to out of box defaults and see how
>> it goes.
>
> I just wiped my ipod touch and tried this from scratch. I ame seeing
> _some_ delay in writing back changes to the server, though this is
> more on the order of a few minutes, not 30 minutes.  Maybe try
> changing the activesync configuration on the Horde side to use a
> "forced" hearbeat instead of device managed. Then try setting the
> heartbeat interval to something small, like maybe 10 or 20.
>
> Another thing to note, it's only the *first* change that is delayed
> for me. It seems that once a change is pushed, subsequent changes
> are pushed more quickly, though still not instantaneously. No idea
> what's causing that. There is no command that I know of that we
> could be sending to the iOS devices to change this behavior, this is
> all device managed. Since there is not even any attempt at
> device->server communication, I don't think this is protocol related.
>
> --
> mike
>
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org

Mike - thanks, on first check setting a forced heartbeat seems to have
resolved it. I made an edit and it went through very quickly. Will
follow up and look in more detail at the parameters that can be set
later.

I had looked at heartbeat but discounted it as the description
inferred to me that it was server to client, which seemed to be
working fine.

Now to try and work out whether I can get LDAP directory to be useful
at all... Setting an address on iPhone goes nowhere at the moment, and
the lack of multiple email addresses is going to be a problem.

Simon