[horde] ActiveSync - Calendar issues

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jul 19 15:29:33 UTC 2011

Quoting Martin Hochreiter <linuxbox at wavenet.at>:

> Am 2011-07-19 08:39, schrieb Simon Wilson:
>> OK, with contacts appearing to be working through ActiveSync,
>> subject to me getting LDAP Turba working better with synced details
>> (or giving up and going to mySQL), next step is Calendar.
>>
>> Issue 1:
>>
>> On my 2 x Exchange accounts, enabling Calendar on my iPhone or iPad
>> to sync retrieves all existing appointments. In other words it does
>> a full initial sync. Turning Calendar off deletes all the
>> appointments from those calendars in iOS, turning it back on
>> retrieves them all again. Kronolith / Horde / Activesync does not
>> seem to do this. Enabling Calendar to sync on iOS connects it to
>> Horde, but nothing downloads. This could however be related to
>> Issue 2...
>>
>> Issue 2:
>>
>> Generating a new appointment on the iPad or iPhone pushes back into
>> Horde / Kronolith fine, very quickly. Updating that appointment in
>> iPad / iPhone works fine, updating nicely into Horde. But nothing
>> is going the other way. Neither new appointments nor edits are
>> replicating to the iOS devices.
>>
>> Seems the opposite of the issues I had with Contacts - they worked
>> great from server to client but not the other way, Calendar is
>> working fine client to server, but not the other way!
>>
>> I have the Kronolith "calendar to sync" pref setting set. I only
>> have one calendar.
>>
>> Simon.
>>
>> --
>> Simon Wilson
>> M: 0400 12 11 16
>>

> I can nothing do to resolve that issue, but I want to mention that this is
> the behaviour that I posted here some weeks ago.
> (New appointments from the horde side are not published to the device)
>
> And I have that issue since the last version of the horde/kronolith package.
>
> (Then new "which calendar is to be synced" option is set in my preferences)

I just committed a fix that should resolve the issues on iOS with the
calendar collection not PINGing correctly.

For those interested in the technical side, all PING requests after
the first one from iOS are "bare" - they don't specify the collection
information, since that can be cached server side. Horde was
incorrectly only caching the first collection sent, so subsequent PING
requests were ignoring the calendar collection.

This should go out in the next round of releases. For those that can't wait:

http://lists.horde.org/archives/commits/2011-July/010580.html

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)