[horde] Horde Tables Not Created

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Jul 19 20:14:18 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 13:10 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org>:
> > On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 16:36 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> >> On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 23:36 +0300, Vilius Šumskas wrote:
> >> Hrm.  I don't see those modules in the list at all.  I'll restart my
> >> configuration.
> > I scratched and started again with a fresh VM, installed Horde from the
> > package repos.... and have the exact same condition.  These modules do
> > not appear in adminsitration/configuration modules list and tables like
> > horde_alarms have not been created.
> The location to look for those packages is received through the PEAR
> configuration, so there's something wrong with that. See
> http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#toc7

That makes sense; but that link doesn't suggest any remediation.  [I
installed the Horde packages this time from the openSUSE repo; so I
don't see any opportunity for *me* to have screwed it up].

A pear config-show displays:

Base Horde directory
horde_dir        /usr/share/php5/PEAR/www/horde

And a pear upgrade does update all the Horde packages.  I just don't see
them in the Administation / Configuration list and thus cannot get the
database schema's to be created?

 # ls -l /usr/share/php5/PEAR/www/horde
total 124
drwxr-xr-x  5 root   root  4096 Jul 12 11:06 admin
drwxr-xr-x  3 root   www   4096 Jul 19 14:33 config

The "php_dir" [from config-show] is /usr/share/php5/PEAR which contains
a "Horde" directory.