[horde] Horde Tables Not Created

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Jul 19 20:34:56 UTC 2011

Sveiki,

> On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 13:10 +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org>:
>> > I scratched and started again with a fresh VM, installed Horde from the
>> > package repos.... and have the exact same condition.  These modules do
>> > not appear in adminsitration/configuration modules list and tables like
>> > horde_alarms have not been created.
>> The location to look for those packages is received through the PEAR
>> configuration, so there's something wrong with that. See
>> http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#toc7

> That makes sense; but that link doesn't suggest any remediation.  [I
> installed the Horde packages this time from the openSUSE repo; so I
> don't see any opportunity for *me* to have screwed it up].

You  should  contact  package  maintainer  then. It's hard to tell how
those RPMs executed various tasks required by Horde installation.

> A pear config-show displays:

> Base Horde directory
> horde_dir        /usr/share/php5/PEAR/www/horde

> And a pear upgrade does update all the Horde packages.  I just don't see
> them in the Administation / Configuration list and thus cannot get the
> database schema's to be created?

>  # ls -l /usr/share/php5/PEAR/www/horde
> total 124
> drwxr-xr-x  5 root   root  4096 Jul 12 11:06 admin
> drwxr-xr-x  3 root   www   4096 Jul 19 14:33 config

> The "php_dir" [from config-show] is /usr/share/php5/PEAR which contains
> a "Horde" directory.

I'm not familiar with openSUSE but this just doesn't look right to me.

If  /usr/share/php5/PEAR  is  where your Horde.php is located, then it
must  be  in  your PHP include path (is it so?). /www/horde is located
below   that, so you could be running in some strange path overlapping
issue.

If  I  were  you,  I  would  try installing /www/horde into completely
separate folder that is not in PEAR's include path. Let's say /var/www
or /srv/www.

--
Best regards,
 Vilius