[horde] ActiveSync - Calendar issues

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Wed Jul 20 02:01:46 UTC 2011

> Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
>
>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> I just committed a fix that should resolve the issues on iOS with
>>> the calendar collection not PINGing correctly.
>>>
>>> For those interested in the technical side, all PING requests
>>> after the first one from iOS are "bare" - they don't specify the
>>> collection information, since that can be cached server side.
>>> Horde was incorrectly only caching the first collection sent, so
>>> subsequent PING requests were ignoring the calendar collection.
>>>
>>> This should go out in the next round of releases. For those that
>>> can't wait:
>>>
>>> http://lists.horde.org/archives/commits/2011-July/010580.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> mike
>>>

>> Thanks Mike - will that resolve Issue 1 above, or just Issue 2?
>
> Issue (2).  Issue (1), if I'm understanding it correctly, might be
> resolved by other recent commits. Things are working well for me on
> 3 different iOS devices locally.
>

> --
> mike

Issue (1) to recap is that a new Horde Activesync Calendar partnership
does not initialise the iOS device with appointments that already
exist in the user's calendar. In an MS Exchange Activesync partnership
the addition of "Calendar" to the sync partnership retrieves existing
appointments in the Exchange calendar, initialising the iOS calendar
with a snapshot (within a date range) of the user's Exchange calendar.
Adding "Calendar" to the Horde activesync does not sync any
pre-existing appointments.

So has that been fixed by other commits Mike?

Simon