[horde] Net_SMTP-1.6.0 breaks SMTP-Auth

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Aug 13 19:06:39 UTC 2011

Am 27.07.2011 18:17, schrieb Michael M Slusarz:
> Quoting Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

>>> What does this have to do with Horde?  As you yourself have indicated
>>> it is the PEAR package that is broken
>>
>> what indicates that the horde-developers are NOT using the latest
>> pear versions since it seems only to be broken for horde
>
> I'm glad you have empirical evidence to back this up.
>
>> it does help if everybody says "not my problem"
>> fact is that horde can not send mails with latest pear
>
> Uhhh... thousands of people are sending messages just fine with the latest PEAR.
>
> Please stop with your FUD.  You did the same thing to the PEAR people

you should consider NOT calling all FUD which you do not understand
and optimize the horde-testings instead shout out "You did the same
thing to the PEAR people"

http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=18594

Thank you for your bug report. This issue has been fixed in the latest
released version of the package, which you can download at
http://pear.php.net/get/ Version 1.6.1 should fix the SASL-based AUTH methods.