[horde] Net_SMTP-1.6.0 breaks SMTP-Auth

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Aug 13 20:51:01 UTC 2011

Quoting Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

> Am 27.07.2011 18:17, schrieb Michael M Slusarz:
>> Quoting Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

>>> what indicates that the horde-developers are NOT using the latest
>>> pear versions since it seems only to be broken for horde
>>
>> I'm glad you have empirical evidence to back this up.
>>
>>> it does help if everybody says "not my problem"
>>> fact is that horde can not send mails with latest pear
>>
>> Uhhh... thousands of people are sending messages just fine with the
>> latest PEAR.
>>
>> Please stop with your FUD.  You did the same thing to the PEAR people
>
> you should consider NOT calling all FUD which you do not understand
> and optimize the horde-testings instead shout out "You did the same
> thing to the PEAR people"

Well, they *did* ask you to curb your attitude.

> http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=18594

> Thank you for your bug report. This issue has been fixed in the latest
> released version of the package, which you can download at
> http://pear.php.net/get/ Version 1.6.1 should fix the SASL-based
> AUTH methods.

I'm sorry, I still fail to see how this has *anything* to do with
Horde, other than the fact you enjoy irritating open source
developers. Let me recap: what you are saying is that the PEAR folks
fixed an issue with *their* code, that *they* wrote, that is *not*
under *any* control of *anyone* on the Horde team and that somehow
this is a bad reflection on Horde? Hm. I guess we are responsible for
bugs in PHP too?

I also find it interesting that, as you said in the thread at PEAR,
"IMP is broken", but then later on indicate that it was the changes
made to the *PEAR* package that have fixed things for you. You then
post back here in an "I told you so", entitlement-laced attitude that
you were correct in treating us with your normal outright disrespect.
Nice.

mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org