[horde] Horde Tables Not Created

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Aug 18 10:45:59 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, 19. Juli 2011, 22:34:56 schrieb Vilius Šumskas:
> Sveiki,
>
> Tuesday, July 19, 2011, 11:14:18 PM, you wrote:

> >> The location to look for those packages is received through the PEAR
> >> configuration, so there's something wrong with that. See
> >> http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot#toc7
> >
> > That makes sense; but that link doesn't suggest any remediation.  [I
> > installed the Horde packages this time from the openSUSE repo; so I
> > don't see any opportunity for *me* to have screwed it up].
>
> You  should  contact  package  maintainer  then. It's hard to tell how
> those RPMs executed various tasks required by Horde installation.

That's me.

> > A pear config-show displays:
> >
> > Base Horde directory
> > horde_dir        /usr/share/php5/PEAR/www/horde
> >
> > And a pear upgrade does update all the Horde packages.  I just don't see
> > them in the Administation / Configuration list and thus cannot get the
> > database schema's to be created?
> >
> >  # ls -l /usr/share/php5/PEAR/www/horde
> >
> > total 124
> > drwxr-xr-x  5 root   root  4096 Jul 12 11:06 admin
> > drwxr-xr-x  3 root   www   4096 Jul 19 14:33 config
> >
> > The "php_dir" [from config-show] is /usr/share/php5/PEAR which contains
> > a "Horde" directory.
>
> I'm not familiar with openSUSE but this just doesn't look right to me.

OpenSUSE 11.4 ships horde 3, minor versions current - .1.
Did you use Horde 4 server:php:applications?

> If  /usr/share/php5/PEAR  is  where your Horde.php is located, then it
> must  be  in  your PHP include path (is it so?). /www/horde is located
> below   that, so you could be running in some strange path overlapping
> issue.
>
> If  I  were  you,  I  would  try installing /www/horde into completely
> separate folder that is not in PEAR's include path. Let's say /var/www
> or /srv/www.

The rpm version sets

Base Horde directory           horde_dir        /usr/share/php5/PEAR/www/horde

and links that to /srv/www/htdocs/horde4

Please make sure that your apache2's peardir is the same as your commandline
peardir.

Check if your /etc/php5/apache2/pear.conf is missing

An easy way is to symlink /etc/php5/apache2/pear.conf to
/etc/php5/cli/pear.conf

Depending on apache2 vhost configuration, this file might be pulled from
another location though.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer