[horde] Successful sync - Thunderbolt and Horde4

Kevin M. Myer kmmyer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 21:58:04 UTC 2011

Details:

This was setup as Exchange ActiveSync account on phone, not using any
third-party apps.  I pretty much followed the directions at
http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync.  I am using the Alias in my Apache
config, to redirect the requests.  There really is not a whole lot of
exceptions or deviations from the directions to report - it just
worked for the calendar.

For the contacts, I've discovered that although I specified my Shared
Directory address book (which is an Active Directory server) as a GAL
source, I don't have an option to synchronize that address book as a
sync source, in the turba prefs.  Only my local SQL address book is
available in the turba preferences.  I am wondering if it has to do
with the lack of a __uid mapping in the turba config, although the
notes in the config state:

 // Remove this mapping if using Active Directory server:
        '__uid' => 'uid',

As I discovered after a little more research, task syncing isn't
really supported anywhere.  Kludge solutions are to sync from the
phone to a website, then from the website to an Exchange conduit or to
Outlook.  Since I run neither Exchange and don't use Outlook, it looks
like this will have to live exclusively in Horde for the time being.
See http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5317 for the
task issue.

Kevin