[horde] Successful sync - Thunderbolt and Horde4

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Aug 18 22:06:57 UTC 2011

Quoting "Kevin M. Myer" <kmmyer at gmail.com>:

> Details:
>
> This was setup as Exchange ActiveSync account on phone, not using any
> third-party apps.  I pretty much followed the directions at
> http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync.  I am using the Alias in my Apache
> config, to redirect the requests.  There really is not a whole lot of
> exceptions or deviations from the directions to report - it just
> worked for the calendar.
>
> For the contacts, I've discovered that although I specified my Shared
> Directory address book (which is an Active Directory server) as a GAL
> source, I don't have an option to synchronize that address book as a
> sync source, in the turba prefs

 From ActiveSync's point of view, the GAL is large, organiztion-wide,
read-only soure that is not synch'd. Rather, it is used as a search
source for certain operations like e.g., validating/auto-completing
email addresses while composing an email. IIRC (I don't have my iOS
device handy), iOS has a GAL search functionality. For Android, there
is a GAL application you can download.

  Only my local SQL address book is
> available in the turba preferences.

The source has to be writeable, as well as listable, to be able to be synch'd.

I am wondering if it has to do
> with the lack of a __uid mapping in the turba config, although the
> notes in the config state:
>
>  // Remove this mapping if using Active Directory server:
>         '__uid' => 'uid',
>
> As I discovered after a little more research, task syncing isn't
> really supported anywhere.

Not natively, that is correct. Not sure about iOS, but for Android
there is the "Exchange for TouchDown" application that has support for
Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Email (though Horde currently doesn't
support email). It's not free, but there is a demo available.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org