[horde] Horde4: How to create the database

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Aug 26 15:14:21 UTC 2011

Am 26.08.2011 16:55, schrieb Paul van der Vlis:
> Your horde is not in the include_path under PHP CLI.
> I've tried to add an include_path for Horde in PHP CLI, but I did not
> succeed. I would prefer not to change the global php.ini file.

the main question is why horde does not use
http://php.net/manual/en/function.set-include-path.php
because it is trivial with dirname(__FILE__) to make  this automatic
as i do for all applications i write since many years

if you write a application really clean there is even no need to deal with
include_path because any or the first includes in the basedir can set a constant
based on dirname(__FILE__) and everything else using this constant - this makes
also things much faster because you save stat-calls and the application gets more
relieable and portable

everything which needs changes in global configuration is buggy per definition